In my highlights of the year 2019 I have mentioned, how much the Seaside Stash Busting Blanket by Eleonora from Coastal Crochet has inspired me to create a couple of smaller accessories in the coastal colourful style. Now I want to tell you how I made a smartphone case for my hasband. It is really easy to make and I absolutely love the way it looks!
- 3.5 mm crochet hook
- recommended for the hook yarn of different colours (I had yellow, orange, brown and darker brown)
- sewing needle
- needle and string to sewing the button
- ch – chain
- st – stitch
- sl st – slip stitch
- sc – single crochet
- dc – double crochet
- (…) X 10 – repeat “…” 10 times
- The case was made for a smartphone that measures 150 mm x 76 mm x 8.6 mm.
- We crochet around, from the bottom to the top, every Round we join with sl st and every Round (except for the Round 1) starts with 3 ch which are counted as a st (first dc)!
- In a couple of Rounds I inserted a link to the original video tutorials of coastalcrochet so you can see the stitches explained. Please note, that Eleonora uses UK terms and I use the US terms.
Yellow yarn: 15 ch
Round 1: 3 sc in the second from the hook st, sc in next 11 st, 3 sc in the next st, sc in next 11 st (30)
Round 2: dc in all st (30)
Round 3, brown yarn: dc in all st (30)
Round 4, yellow yarn: (2 dc together in next st, skip next st) X 15 (30)
Round 5, brown yarn: (2 dc together in space between the 2 sts, which build the V-stitch) X 15 (30)
Round 6, yellow yarn: (2 dc together in space between the 2 sts, which build the V-stitch) X 15 (30)
Round 7: dc in all st (30)
Round 8, dark brown yarn: 1 ch, turn the crochetness and go to the opposite direction, (dc in next st, sl st in next st) X 15 (30) FYI: video tutorial for the Round is here
Round 9, yellow yarn: dc in all st (30)
Round 10, orange yarn: (2 dc together in next st, skip next st) X 15 (30) FYI: video tutorial for the Rounds 10-12 is here
Round 11, brown yarn: (2 ch, sc in the space between the 2nd and the 3rd st) (45)
Round 12, orange yarn: (2 dc together in space under 2 ch, skip next st) X 15 (30)
Rounds 13-15: copy Rounds 7-9, colours are following: brown, yellow, brown (30)
Rounds 16-17: copy Rounds 4-5, colours are following: yellow, orange (30)
Rounds 18-20: copy Rounds 10-12, colours are following: brown, yellow, brown (30)
Fasten off, cut the yarn and weave in all ends.
Closing belt (dark brown yarn):
Round 1: 30 ch, sc in the 11th from the hook st, sc in next 19 st, 1ch, turn
Round 2: crochet around, sc in all st (in the loop). Fatsen off, cut the yarn leaving a tail for sewing.
Sew the belt and the button to the case and voila! The phone case is ready!
Did you like to crochet with this tutorial?
Have a look at my other patterns, maybe you will find something you like there!
You may also like: