The year 2020 is almost (finally) over and I want to share my biggest crochet achievements of the year with you! I am very sorry for all the typos in this post, I think I am already drunk (it is only 6 pm here!). I am just really looking forward to step into the new year! 🙂
But let’s stay positive and talk about crochet! So in 2020 I had 4 crochet goals:
- to learn tunisian crochet;
- to try irish lace;
- to crochet a realistic bird;
- to crochet a christmas cookie.
And I am sooooo proud to tell you that all these goals have been achieved! I am really glad because I tend to not finish very many of my projects.
Another thing I put in my crochet to-do list for the year is to take more care of my blog and to try to establish more contact with another creators. In January 2020 I have created an account in Instagram and I am so happy I did it! I can’t believe it had been only a year!
I have participated in so many CALs (thank you Eleonora! You were the first person I followed after signing up in Instagram :), giveaways (I even won one, yeeey!) and I have tested 5 patterns. I have found so many great people and I am so thankful for all of it.
Here some photos of the activities I have mentioned:
So let’s get back to my crochet goals 2020:
- Tunisian Crochet. In February I have been testing a tunisian sweater pattern created by @inthestitchwithvix. This was the first pattern I have tested and my first tunisian crochet experience. I loved everything about this design and I got into tunisian crochet so much, so I crocheted the sweater again 🙂
2. Irish lace. Uuuuh this gorgeous technique gave me a hard time getting into it (I vene wrote a post about it, you can read it here). But it did work although I still have a long way to go for imroving my skills.
3. Realistic bird.
I crocheted a bullfinch as a gift for my friend. I followed this great youtube tutorial (it is only available in Russian).
4. Last but not the least, I have crocheted (and baked!!!) a bunch of Christmas cookies!! I shared several patterns here and you can find them in My Patterns.
The year was not that bad after all, right? But it is also good to move on 🙂
I have so many ideas, goals and inspiration for the next year and I hope to show it to all of you soon!
Thank you so much for reading it! I encourage you to see positive sides of 2020 and I hope you will have a great new year!
Happy New Year!