I continue introducing original German cookie recipes to you. Crocheted version you can use as Christmas decorations! And today’s cookie is the Nougat Rings!
This recipe is very special to me because I am making it for the first time this year! Usually I am quite conservative if it’s about Christmas recipes but this year is so different in many ways, so I have tried something new.
At the end of the pattern you can also find the real recipe!
You will need:
- 3 mm crochet hook
- stitch marker
- dark brown yarn
- light brown yarn
- sewing needle
- colourful yarn leftovers for decorating
- ch – chain
- st – stitch
- sc – single crochet
- inc – 2 sc in one st (used to increase the number of stitches)
- dec – 2 sc together (used to decrease the number of stitches)
- X 6 – repeat 6 times
- at the end of every round total number of stitches is shown
- Every next round is crocheted in the back loop only!!!!
- Colour change tails can be used as stuffing
Dark brown Ch 6, change to the light yarn and ch 6, sl st to the first ch to join the circle.
Now the colours will be kept as in the chain. So change the yarn to the light one after a half of the circle and change back to the dark yarn at the end of every round. The tails can be left here to serve as a stuffing of the cookie. Remember to crochet in back loops only!
Rounds 1-2: sc in all st (12)
Round 3: (inc, sc in next st) X 6 (18)
Round 4: (inc, sc in next 2 st) X 6 (24)
Rounds 5-6: sc in all st (24)
Now you crochet using the light yarn only.
Round 7: (dec, sc in next 2 st) X 6 (18)
Round 8: (dec, sc in next st) X 6 (12)
Now use colourful short yarn leftovers to make the sugar.
Sew the round 8 with the base chain.
Congratulations, the cookie is finished!
And as promised, here is the real recipe of the Nougat Rings Cookies:
- 40 g nougat
- 120 g soft butter
- 120 g powdered sugar
- 160 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 90 g instant flakes
- chocolate and colourful sugar for decorating
- Preheat the oven 200°C, soft butter and nougat mix together, add sugar.
- Add flour, eggs and flakes to the dough and put it in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put the dough in a plastic bag with a small hole (around 1 cm diameter).
- Press the dough out of the bag in ring shapes on a baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes and let the cookies cool down.
- Decorate with chocolate and sugar. Enjoy!
I hope you had fun baking and crocheting these beauties with me!
You might also like: